All our properties are self-contained, fully furnished and equipped with all that is necessary for your holiday home.
Bed linen and towels:
Bed linen: All our properties have beds with pillows and duvets. Bed linen is included and beds made up for all properties except Blue Sails. For holidays of 2+ weeks a change of linen can be arranged, please request on booking. Please note a clean is not applicable.
Blue Sails bed linen is either to be brought with your or hired £20 double/king set, a bottom sheet, duvet cover and pillow cases. The bed may not be made up.
Linen for cots is not provided. Please bring your own cot bedding. For young children we suggest bringing a waterproof mattress protector.
Towels:. Towels are either:
- Included in the rental.
- Available for hire at £12 per set (1 bath + 1 hand towel), please hire enough for your stay.
- To be brought with you.
Please bring your own beach towels.
Where cots are provided the sleeping capacity is plus baby. Cots, travel cots, high chairs (bring own harness) and satire gates are available at some properties for infants under 2 years, please request on booking. There is no extra charge. No bedding is provided for cots.
Local Council car parks offer a reasonably priced weekly ticket. East Devon allows parking in certain specified car parks located in Seaton, Beer, Sidmouth, Colyton, Axminster, Budleigh Salterton, Exmouth, Honiton and Ottery St Mary.
Allergies and pets in property:
Please check with us before booking if you are allergic to pets. Some owners do not permit pets but bring their own.
Cottages and Locations:
The name ‘Cottage’ does not always refer to a rational style and thatched cottage. When booking older properties please beae in mind that many were built without damp proof courses, uneven floors or easy stair gradient and low ceilings/doorways. Older cottages attract insects, spiders and cobwebs. It must be expected that there can be some noise/smell from farm animals, tractors, seagulls etc. All distances are approximate but are given by the best of our judgement and in good faith.
Some property locations may not have mobile reception. To check coverage for mobile devices we suggest you visit www.opensignal.com
When internet access is available at a property we cannot the responsible to problems caused by internet providers to property owners. The tenant agrees to comply with all current legislation. The owner/agent accept no liability for loss to damage to tenants possessions or data. Wi-fi is provide for pleasure not for business. Please note there may be an additional charge. Local libraries offer internet access.
The access code to the wi-fi router will either be on your directions or in the property. Guests are expected to be IT proficient. Some properties have limited download usage, please check with office if important to you.
We will endeavour where possible to inform you of these, although these can happen at any time without prior notice to owners or us.
A non-smoking policy applies to all Properties.
Two simple ways to book.
Internet Booking: Our website allows you to search for the property that suits you best, check availability and place your booking. Online payments are taken using a secure server encrypting your details using SAGEPAY.
- Select your property.
- Choose dates required. Please check for changeover day.
- Enter your details on booking pages.
There is an option to either pay online or reserve a property and contact the office for payment. Overseas bookings, please do not pay online, choose option to ‘reserve property’ and contact office for payment. An automatic email will be sent with your holiday details to you and Milkbere who will process your booking and email your receipt. No bookings are valid until confirmed by Milkbere. Please check that all the details are correct.
By Telephone: 01297 20729.
- Select your property and a second choice.
- Choose the dates required. Please check for changeover day.
- Phone us to discuss availability, any special requirements and book your holiday. If you have any special requirements please contact us to discuss how we may help. There is always someone in the office who has seen all the properties and can guide and help you in choosing the right property for you.
- A completed and signed booking form is required for all bookings if not booked on the internet, https://milkberecottageholidays.com/booking-form/
- Provisional bookings will be held for four working days. These bookings are made in accordance with our booking conditions in the brochure and on our website.
Please refer to our ‘Booking Conditions‘ before booking.
DEPOSIT PAYMENTS: A deposit of 25% of the total holiday cost is due on booking. Bookings made less that 6 weeks in advance of your holiday full payment is required.
- By debit or credit card.
- By cheque made payable to ‘Milkbere Cottage Holidays Ltd’, sent to The Square, Seaton, Devon, EX12 2JZ.
- Electronic bank transfer – please request bank details from our office 01297 20729. You will be liable for all bank charges.
- All payments to be made in £ Pounds Sterling.
BALANCE PAYMENTS: Due 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. The deposit payment receipt will state the date and amount to be paid. Payments can either be paid:
- Online on our website.
- Any of the other payment methods above.
When the internet details or booking form and deposit are received, we confirm your booking by sending our invoice for the balance of the rent, which is payable 6 weeks in advance, reminders are not sent.
If you are booking less than 6 weeks in advance of your holiday, please pay the full cost of your holiday.
Bookings made within 2 weeks of holiday: payment required by debit/credit card or bank transfer.
On receipt of your final payment, we will forward you the full address of the property, directions, key details and arrival/departure procedure. Also, the owners/caretaker’s telephone numbers who are your first line of contact while at the property.