In these terms and conditions ‘Milkbere Cottage Holidays’ shall mean ‘Milkbere Cottage Holidays Ltd the Agent’, the ‘guest’ shall mean the person signing the booking form and the ‘owner’ shall mean the owner of the holiday property.
Milkbere Cottage Holidays only act as Booking Agents on behalf of the owner. The contract of hire is between the guest and the owner of the property and Milkbere Cottage Holidays cannot be responsible for the actions of either Party or the consequences resulting there from. Neither is Milkbere Cottage Holidays responsible for any obligations for any promises made by others, or for telephone descriptions. Milkbere Cottage Holidays have carefully inspected all properties featured in its brochure and website and has done its utmost to ensure that the details described are accurate and they cannot accept responsilitlty for any interim changes of which they have not been notified and they do not accept responsibility should the property not conform to the holidaymakers own individual standards. All bookings are accepted at the discretion of “The Owner’ and ‘The Agent’.
A deposit of 25% of the total holiday cost to be sent with the completed booking form or via our website. Bookings made less than six weeks in advance of your holiday full payment is required with the booking form. If Milkbere Cottage Holidays does not accept a booking request any monies paid by the guest will be refunded immediately. On acceptance of your booking you become liable for all costs.
The balance becomes payable six weeks prior to commencement of holiday. On receipt of your final payment the directions, key details etc of the property will be sent to you. Please note we do not send reminders.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- By debit or credit card.
- By electronic UK bank transfer. Please quote your booking reference.
- By Overseas Bank Transfer. Please request bank details from our office 00 44 1297 20729. You will be liable for all bank charges.
- By cheque made payable to ‘Milkbere Cottage Holidays Ltd’. A charge will be made for represented or returned cheques.
CHANGING A BOOKING:
All booking alterations made after the payment of deposit will be subject to a surcharge of £30 + vat providing the change is to the same property and where the owner of the property will agree to an alteration of dates. Once a booking has been accepted by Milkbere Cottage Holidays the booking can only be change to another property by treating the original booking as a cancellation.
The Agents reserve the right to adjust prices quoted in the brochure and on the website due to changes in VAT errors or omission.
AUTHORITY TO SIGN AND THE PARTY:
The person making the booking
- Will remain responsible for all members of his or her party.
- They should ensure that they are aware of the booking conditions.
- They will meet the obligations arising there from in every way.
- The number of guests must not exceed the maximum number stated in the property description. Infants are classed as being 2 years and under, not occupying a bed . Only the persons listed on the booking form can occupy the property or use the facilities.
- If these conditions are not met the owner of the property may refuse right of entry to the property and no money will be refunded.
- To pay for all telephone charges and internet access where levied during the tenancy.
- To pay for any losses or damages to property, however, caused, reasonable wear and tear excluded.
- To take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean, tidy condition with furniture in original position at the end of the hire period. Guests are expected to dispose of the rubbish and recycling correctly. If the property is not left in a clean and tidy condition including the correct disposal of rubbish a charge will be made. East Devon and West Dorset District Council operate a strict landfill and recycling system, please ensure this is adhered to.
- To permit owners, agents, workmen and VisitEngland inspections reasonable access to the property. Where possible we will notify you of the date and time access required. There will be no need to stay at the property.
- Not to part with possession of the property or share it except with members of the party shown on the booking form.
- Not to cause annoyance or to become a nuisance to other person who are occupants of adjoining premises.
- To accept responsibility for the safety of any pets. Pets must not be left alone in the property or grounds.
- To report accidental damage when it happens so that it can be rectified ready for the next visitors. Breakages during your stay should either be replaced or paid for. Any breakdown during your stay will be repaired as soon as possible, delays may occur.
- To vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure.
- Not to smoke inside a property.
In the event of a breach of the foregoing conditions, agreements and understandings, Owners/Milkbere Cottage Holidays shall have the right to enter the premises and re-take possession immediately and completely without compensation to the guest.
In the unlikely event of the reserved property not being available through unforeseen circumstances. Milkbere Cottage Holidays reserve the right to offer accommodation of a similar type or to refund all monies paid. The guest will have no further claim against the owner or agent. In the event of a complaint not being resolved with the owner and where in Milkbere’s opinion it is justified, we will try to offer alternative accommodation. This may incur additional costs for which you would be liable. During the peak season it may not be possible to arrange alternative accommodation.
Any problems with property or equipment should first be notified to the owner of the property or caretaker immediately. These contact details can be found on your direction sheet and the amenity sheet in the property.
First contact with owners/caretakers must be as soon as possible and during your stay at the property to allow them the opportunity to correct matters and ensure you have a good holiday. If after doing this satisfaction is not obtained the matter should be reported promptly to our Seaton office on 01297 20729 so we may investigate and resolve if possible. The office telephone answering machine is checked regularly outside of office hours.
The contract for your holiday property is between the owner and yourselves. If the above conditions have been met we will on a goodwill basis liaise between the guest and the property owner but cannot be held liable if one or both parties are dissatisfied with the outcome, and Milkbere Holidays would not be responsible for any refund or compensation. Milkbere reserves the right to refer a complaint to VisitEngland for arbitration, if required. No complaints can be entertained or correspondence entered into if they are reported at the termination of the holiday or after the guest has vacated the property or denied the owners/agents the opportunity to rectify any problems while in occupation.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
Milkbere Cottage Holidays shall in no way be liable for loss, damage or injury caused by strike, industrial dispute, weather, war or other hostility, fire, flood, riot or civil commotion, nor for any defects or interruptions to supply of electricity, gas or water or other services. In no event shall the liability of Milkbere Cottage Holidays to the guest howsoever arising exceed the price paid for the relevant holiday.
Neither the owner nor Milkbere Cottage Holidays will be liable for personal injury (other than resulting from their respective negligence) to the guest or any member of his party: for loss or damage to his property, including pets or for loss or damage to any car or its contents. The Agents accepts no liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of the Owners or any person not within their employ, or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury. When the property is close to water or the use of facilities provided by others the owners and their agents cannot accept liability and is at the guests own risk.
Returnable security deposits are required at some properties and at the discretion of the owner or agent. This is paid with the final balance and returned in full within 2 weeks of departure unless there are charges for breakage, damage and excess cleaning. The guests liability is not limited to the value of the deposit.
All our properties will be cleaned and serviced before you arrive and we do ask our guests to please leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. There will be a charge for excess cleaning. No Smoking Policy – All our properties do not accept smoking in the property. If the housekeeper reports that a guest has been smoking in a property a charge will be made for a deeper clean. There is a minimum £10 charge for returning articles left behind. Items will be disposed of after 4 weeks. Guests are responsible for the correct refuse/recycling disposal in the relevant bins.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE:
Keys are available between 2-5 pm on arrival; on departure return keys before 10 am. A few properties have a later arrival time, this will be shown on the final directions. Please adhere to these times to enable servicing of property. There is no right of entry before the stated arrival time. A charge will be made for late departures.
KEYS AND DIRECTIONS:
On receipt of your balance the key arrangements and directions will be given. If you are arriving after 5 pm and are picking the keys up from our offices either in Beer or Seaton, please contact our office in the week before travelling to make alternative arrangements. We recommend that guests arrive during working hours. No liability can be accepted if access can not be gained to your property outside normal office hours. Where keys have been lost or mislaid Milkbere reserves the right to charge a call out of £25 plus the charge for the keys to be recut.
NUMBER OF GUESTS:
In the property details we stipulate the number of people allowed and this must not be exceeded. Where the sleep section states two numbers e.g. 2-4, the property ideally accommodates the first number in beds but can provide additional sleeping e.g. convertible settees, folding beds, sometimes more suitable for children. Single 2’6” beds are more suitable for children. The facilities are for sole use of the party named on the booking form.
Many owners welcome well behaved dogs, please see property description for dog friendly properties. A fixed charge of £25 per week or part week per dog will be made and at some properties a security deposit will be required.
• Please check with office if you wish to bring more than one dog, large breed or have a pet other than a dog. If under one year old please contact the office to obtain permission from the property owner.
• Bring pets own bedding/basket/food bowls.
• Pets must not be allowed on furniture, in the bedrooms or left alone unsupervised on the premises.
• Enclosed garden does not mean it is totally escape proof.
• Any damages by a pet must be paid for.
• Ensure the property and grounds are kept and left clean.
• Pets must be up to date with flea and worming treatments.
• ‘No pets’ does not exclude assistance dogs.
• Milkbere Cottage Holidays or the Property Owners cannot accept responsibility for pet’s safety.
• Between May and September dogs are not allowed on some or part of beaches.
Guests who bring a pet without permission are in breach of contract and the Agent/Owner can immediately end the booking and no monies will be returned.
We will endeavor with the co-operation of our property owners to accommodate guests with specific requirements where possible, e.g. a disability, medical condition, allergy. Please contact us to discuss how we may help. We will be happy to check details with an individual property owner on your behalf. Mobility aids can be hired in Seaton and surrounding towns. Guests who have special requirements regarding access/interior of a property may request from our office an access statement prepared by our owners.
We do take safety seriously and do our best to ensure our owners know the importance of the comfort and safety of their guests. However, you and your party must take care yourselves, as you will be in unfamiliar surroundings.
• Know your way around the property re: exits, to enable you to get out easily.
• Check fire blanket/extinguisher for instruction on use.
• Use fireguard on open fire and extinguish before retiring.
• Check with owner/caretaker if unsure of use of any equipment and particularly any doubts with gas and electric appliances.
• Great care in the supervision of children especially with balconies, low windows, blinds, hot tubs, swimming pools, garden ponds, sheds, greenhouses and any steep drops in the garden.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
In the event of any dispute between parties it shall be referred to the jurisdiction of the English courts only and any actions shall be heard in the court for the area in which the property is situated. These conditions supersede all previous editions. In the event of a disparity between the brochure and website the latter should be assumed to be accurate.